Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Friday, February 18, 2011

Soda Stream Review from CSN Stores

A while back (December to be exact..yikes am I behind the times) I was given the opportunity to review a product of my choosing from CSN Stores.  Since my husband's birthday is in December, I went with a SodaStream at home soda maker.  What a perfect gift for the soda addict that he is.  I chose the Genesis Bundle in Chilly Red that came with the main unit, 2 reusable specially designed 1 liter bottles, a CO2 canister (which happens to be refillable), and a sampling of their soda line. 


I was so excited to give him this gift that I can't believe I actually waited 'til his birthday to give it to him.  He was very impressed with the soda maker and was also super excited to be able to make his own soda.

The instructions were very easy to follow.  We inserted the CO2 canister, screwed on the bottle of water and pressed the button the specified amount of times to carbinate the water.  The directions say the water must be chilled but we've used water right from the tap with no problems.

What's nice about this at home soda maker is that you can control the fizz!  I like more carbination and the rest of the family prefers less.  I also like that it's more enviromentally friendly than buying bottles from the store, not to mention, cheaper!  Along with the soda machine, I ordered a 1 gallon box of Dr. Pepper soda syrup from Sams Club online.  Since the concentrates are different for different soda's, we had to play around a bit with the ratio.  The box of Dr. Pepper did, however, say 5 parts carbinated water to 1 part syrup. 

The CO2 canister is refillable and can be filled at local soda distributors or paintball/airsoft stores.

I highly recommend this SodaStream for any soda or seltzer drinkers!  This is well worth the money!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the ideas. There's always something new to learn and improve on in this mad internet world. Uptiming is surely something to keep an eye on.

    ReplyDelete