Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Monday, September 7, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate!


This is a cake I made for a little boy whose family's house burnt down a couple of weeks ago. When I asked what kind of cake he wanted, he said chocolate with blue frosting and a giant chocolate bar on top. Obviously being being artsy I couldn't just plop a candy bar on top. This is what I came up with. I decorated it with M&M's, chocolate covered tootsie rolls, snow caps, malted milk balls and mini chocolate bars. He loved it and I was so happy to see his eyes light up when he saw it!

7 comments:

  1. "WOW!" is all I can say about this cake and maybe "YUM"! I wouldlove to make a similar cake for my own boy's birthday but something tells me the chocolate bars and candy might get picked off before the bday boy gets a chance to blow out the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that cake is delish and it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I would have loved that cake as a child. Actually, i'd like that cake now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's so cool! I would like to eat it now :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for a blog award!
    http://thepennypinchingmama.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-feel-so-loved-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! You link back to whomever sent you the award and then nominate a few yourself. Then post the rules at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet of you! I can definitely see why his eyes lit up... I think my daughter would dive headfirst into this one!

    ReplyDelete