Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Friday, September 4, 2009

Go Yanks!


I seriously didn't think I'd ever get to the finished product with this cake. I needed supplies and had to wait until my hubby got back from soccer practice with the two older boys so I could run to the store. 8pm is when I finally left home. I baked the first layer and it came out perfectly. After baking the second layer I tired to take it out of the pan and it was sticking so I went to turn the pan back over to go around the edges of the pan with a knife and it what wasn't stuck fell out and the rest stayed...yep, broke into pieces...Perfect! So I figure the first layer is thick enough so I can get away with not using another layer. So at midnight I climb into bed.


This morning I get to work. I have this sawlike cake leveler that I love. I set it to the thickness I want and slice away. I did notice that it was closer to the bottom of the cake than I had wanted but now I'm half way through and don't have a choice but to keep going. When I go to take the top layer off, I see that the cake leveler has cut it so crooked and with a giant hump in the middle, I can't even use that one! AWESOME!


I'm forced now to bake another cake anyway. Not only did I have to re bake, I ran out of powdered sugar and milk and had to run back to the store! Luckily I was able to get it baked and cooled and decorated by my 2pm deadline. So, here's Devin's Yankee's birthday cake. It's a 2 layer white cake with chocolate pudding in the middle and vanilla buttercream. The accents are done in fondant and buttercream. There's also larger fondant baseballs around the sides of the cake (I can't stand to wait another 20 minutes to upload the pic).

1 comment:

  1. Adventures in cake baking for sure! Looks beautiful...hopefully will see the sides on FB someday (maybe in that amazing future where you get broadband or something!)

    ReplyDelete