Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Thursday, August 13, 2009

About Ready to POP!


This is a baby shower cake I made. Favors for the party were popcorn boxes full of homemade caramel popcorn. The tag was the silhouette of the pregnant lady with the recipe on the back of it and it said "About Ready to POP". So I made carrot cake with cream cheese icing and shaped it like a popcorn box. I covered it in white fondant and then added the red stripes. I printed the silhouette on paper, cut it out and used it as my template for the fondant. For the popcorn on top, I boiled sugar and water until it was thick and dipped each piece into the hot sugar and stuck it all to the top individually. This is one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment