Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mom of 3 boys ages 12, 7 and 2. I have a cake decorating business called Little Miss Muffins Cakes. I love getting new gadgets and trying new products. I also love searching the internet for new cake ideas. I'm a huge couponer and I look for new ways to be more frugal every day. I've more recently decided my family needs to be more GREEN. I'm always looking for ways to repurpose things we've already got instead of throwing them away. I love having a house full of boys but would love to have a little girl! God blesses my life each and every day!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My stringless Fender Stratocaster Guitar cake







My brother in law was turning 40 and my sister wanted to throw him a party. My brother in law is a self taught guitar player and his dream guitar is a cherry red Eric Johnson Fender Stratocaster. So my sister emailed me a picture and that's what I made him. It ended up being full sized at 4 feet long! I first drew the body of the guitar on a paper bag until I was happy with the shape then I layed it onto the cake and cut it out. The neck of the guitar I cut out of another cake. I covered the cake with buttercream and then with cherry red colored fondant. The neck of the guitar I covered with a tan color. Then I cut out the faceplate and added that on. All of the details on the cake were made of fondant and I used royal icing to pipe on lettering and such. Because I didn't think of the strings while I was assembling the cake, I couldn't put strings on it without ruining the look of the guitar.

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome cake! I bet it went over well!

    I found this searching for a stringless guitar... an invention idea of mine... different than the laser concept out there now... but this was a nice break from the norm.... excellent job!

    Aaron

    aaron@aarongregory.net

    ReplyDelete