Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Monday, August 3, 2009

Ya Gotta Start Somewhere!


This is the first cake I made for an order. My husband came home one day from work and asked me to make a baby shower cake for his co-worker whose wife was having his first baby. I had always looked through cake decorating books and admired wishing I could do that kind of beautiful work.


So I took out an old Wilton yearbook and found a cake I liked. I made a 2 layer chocolate cake with whipped chocolate truffle filling and vanilla italian buttercream. I was so excited with the way it turned out I was literally jumping up and down in my kitchen.


That's when I realized that this was what I needed to be doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment