Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mardi Gras


This was a 2 layer 3 tier cake I made for a mardi gras fundraiser at my sister in law's church. I made masks out of fondant and decorated them with royal icing. The diamonds and stripes were fondant painted with a mixture of vodka and food coloring. I hammered a dowel down through all three tiers for stability and when I was almost done, I hit a button on my cake stand that tips it to the side and it almost toppled on the floor. I was able to catch it, but you can see on the bottom layer where it's buldging...it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment