Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Monday, August 10, 2009

Miss Sherry





At my church we have a womens get together once a month at a local restaurant. It's called SOS or Share Our Stories. Each month a different woman tells about her faith story and her walk with God. The speaker this particular month was our pastor's wife Sherry. It was an extra special SOS because Miss Sherry and Pastor Dave and their daughter Christina were about to move to another church after 18 years. My 2 girlfriends and I attended Miss Sherry's SOS as our first. What a beautiful story! We laughed and cried and we miss them terribly!






So the first cake was for guests and was vanilla with strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream. The second smaller cake was made as sort of a back up in case we ran out with the hopes that we wouldn't so I could send it home with Miss Sherry. I was able to do that and she loved it. I covered the top of it with royal icing flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment