Followers

About Me

My goal is to encourage more families to take the homeschooling plunge. It's a scary move but one you won't regret!

Credits:

Blog Designs by Sheila

Cotton Candy Mocha Kit: Haven Designz

Felt Cupcake by: Donna Griffin of Cute Designs

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Greenhouse Cake







My husband told the FFA teacher about a cake I had been talking about doing. It was this great greenhouse and garden. To my delight she ordered it for a celebration of some sort.

It was 2 layers of chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and filling. I started out by making photo copies of the template for the greenhouse. Each side and the roof were made on wax paper with royal icing and then assembled and set on top of the cake. All of the flowers and the vegetables in the garden were done with royal icing as well. The stone path is fondant and cake crumbs for the dirt in the garden.

This was a huge hit in the school. People in the office were calling other people to the office to see it. I was very pleased with the end results even if it took me forever to make it!